Monday, September 26, 2011

Asparagus, feta, chicken and peas... oh my!


I really wasnt expecting this to taste as yummy as it did! It was one of those nights, I came home from working aallllll day long and the last thing I wanted to do was cook. I had a roast chicken in the fridge that I had bought this weekend and had pre-shredded for the week. I started with a tad bit of olive oil in a wok, sauteed my asparagus for a few minutes with some lemon pepper, onion powder and garlic, added my chicken and peas, stir-fried for a few more minutes then at the last minute tossed in some feta cheese and turned off the heat. Voila! Healthy, yummy dinner! I will definitely be making this again!

As for my PM workout, I did the ab ripper x. Boy do I hate ab ripper x. Its like he says, you hate it....but you love it. I guess I love to hate it. :)

The rest of my food journal for today went like this:

Breakfast: Instant oatmeal with vanilla soy milk- 235 cals
Lunch: Mashed Cauliflower, Quinoa Burger, small apple banana - 338 cals
Dinner: Chicken, asparagus, peas, feta - 122 cals (which I only had about 1/2 cup of the dinner mixture I made...eating out of small bowls really helps!)
Snacks:Almonds, Sweet chili rice crisps, PB cookie and carob chips - 265 cals

Grand total: 960. I still have 240 cals left for my 1200 cal diet. When I look at the numbers I feel like I should eat more but Im just not hungry.

By the way, if anyone is interested in a calorie counter for your smart phone I have been using the My Pal Fitness app and have no complaints so far. If you are eating a packaged food you can just scan the barcode which is pretty handy.


No comments:

Post a Comment