Sunday, December 25, 2011

Hmmm...

So I've spent the past 2 days glued to my Tumblr. Its amazing how quickly your blog picks up speed on that thing which makes it quite fun. My only complaint is that there seems to be a bunch of people with or who "admire" eating disorders on there.  I hate to use the word admire but why else would you post girls who clearly are suffering? Girls who are just absolute skin and bones. Im sorry but that is not my cup of tea. One should not strive to have a disorder or look up to/admire such a sickness. Perhaps my views are distorted with what I post. I think the girls I post are "healthy", sure they're thin, but they're healthy. What's strange to me is thats what I'm posting there, yet when I look at my followers tumblr's and a good handful of them have numerous posts like the ones I described. Full of cutting and anorexia. :( I hope to stay and show them that there is a healthy side to beauty/confidence and weight loss and that the two don't necessarily go hand in hand. Well not necessarily, I can guarantee that they dont. But I dont want it to sound like thats all there is at Tumblr because I have already found some really great, really inspiring fitness blogs.

Overall I still am preferring Tumblr over Blogger but for some reason I feel more comfortable posting here, perhaps because I feel like no one is reading it...I know there are but it feels more personal here. On Tumblr I post something and get an immediate response. Its kind of spooky. I like to live under the false impression that no one pays attention to me. Its comfy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment