Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred


So because I went in 2 hours too early to work today by mistake  I decided to take a detour to Walmart. I went for dog snacks and walked out with a Women's Health mag and 2 new workout DVDs - Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and Extreme Shed and Shred. Funny how that happens.

I just got done with the 30 Day Shred - Level One. I really liked it, you do a 3-2-1. Which is 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute abs. 3 rounds. No breaks, 20 minutes. Boom - done! It definitely made me work up a sweat but I am going to try level 2 as I feel like I could have went more. Im used to working out for 45-60 minutes. The cardio was a piece of cake, so I am hoping level 2 is harder....which from the reviews I think its safe to assume it is. To be done in 20 felt really weird. I have a feeling I am going to be pretty sore tomorrow in my arms. I am still sore from pushing it the day before yesterday with P90X Chest and Back. I noticed that even if I have sore muscles, if I just push through the workout the soreness goes away. Sure tomorrow I will probably be even more sore, but no pain no gain right??!

I want to know if Im supposed to do this everyday, every other day...6 days on 1 day off?? I need to know. :)


1 comment:

  1. my Sister got the 30 day Shred for Christmas, but she doesn't really like to workout so I won't get an honest review from her. I'm interested in trying it too so keep it up and let me know what you think. I might have to borrow her copy when I'm done with P90X...which I'm so depressed from getting hardly any results the first 30 days. It has to be what I'm eating...SIGH!

    ReplyDelete