Wednesday, October 12, 2011

8 minute mile


Yessah, I got to go on a run today after work and it felt oh so good. I completed  my first mile in 8 minutes, which is about 1 and 1/2 minutes better than the last time I ran. I didn't keep track of my 2nd mile stats. I'm a bit competitive when I run,  I love to pass people and not let them pass me back. For anyone who knows me they know I am a "weirdo" magnet. Today was no exception. I had some guy try to run with me... I guess thats ok but 1. Im listening to music, so Im not going to talk and I dont want to lose my concentration 2. Dont ask me to keep a slower pace so you can maintain with me!! Holy moly, really?! Hahaha I was shocked. I could see if we came together and were cheering each other on, but I havent seem this guy before in my life. Dont you think thats a little weird?

 To top it off there was this dumb lady "exercising" and smoking a damn cigarette! How rude, although it gave me incentive to run faster and pass her ass. :) I hope to get to a 6 minute mile, although I would prefer to go for distance and not time, but its still a goal for me.

I plan to hit the national park this weekend and run there. I like going places where you run away from your car and the only way to get back is to run there. If you do laps around a place its so easy to just say I'm tired, I'm done. But if you're 2 miles away from your car, you HAVE to keep going, or else you arent going home. :)

Another piece of totally AWESOME news is that my husband passed his board exams!!!!!! He is now a Pharm D. and R.Ph in the state of Hawaii! I cant even begin to describe how proud I am!

In other news, my food journal for today was as follows:

Breakfast- Go Girl and Nutri-grain bar - 125 calories

Lunch- 1/2 of a chicken and brown rice bento from Island Naturals - 235 calories

Dinner- 6" Ham and turkey on wheat from Subway. Although ended up ripping off the top of my sandwich to cut the break consumption in half. :) - A regular 6 inch with out losing 1/2 the bread is 280 calories. I dont feel like doing the math so I will just go with that number.

Snack- Handful of almonds and another Go Girl before my run. :) 85 calories

Total - 725 calories...... I know I keep saying this, but I NEED to increase my intake. But its just sooooo hard when I'm not hungry. Why eat more if I have the energy I need and Im not hungry?? hmmmmmmm....

1 comment:

  1. You are hauling some serious ass around the track! I personally love trail running, I'd rather do it over a track any day. It's almost impossible with a double jogging stroller though. I feel like I run faster and enjoy my runs more when I'm running through trees. :)
    Awesome job on the 27 inches - hope you were finally able to enter it in the site!

    ReplyDelete