Friday, October 21, 2011

Date night




Everything about yesterday was great, except for the fact that I didnt workout...again! My motivation in that department is still on vacation. Every other part of my life is great so Im not going to complain too much. :) I think its good to remind myself that this isnt a race, I dont have a deadline, this isnt a quick fix, this is a lifestyle change! I need to do things that I can maintain for the rest of my life. I can guarantee that working out EVERYDAY is not one of them. But I will make it a point to workout several times a week, I just cant get down on myself if "life" happens.

Work went nice and smooth yesterday and my husband took me out on a date night afterwards, which was completely unexpected making it that much more special.  Who could ask for more? ;) My diet yesterday was not bad, to my standards at least.

Breakfast: Granola and Go girl

Lunch: Egg sandwich with a side salad

Dinner: Bean Burrito

Snacks: None

We went grocery shopping after dinner last night and picked out pumpkins to carve and bought tons of veggies and other yummy things so we can actually cook dinner this week. :) Fish was super cheap which was great, so we stocked up. By the time we got home and got everything put away it was well past 10:00pm so exercising would have only made me stay up later. I really just have to workout in the morning to ensure things like this dont happen. I didnt even get to watch my Thursday night line up, thank goodness for DVR! :)

Anywhos its 6:00am and I have to get ready for the day ahead. On the agenda I have a hair appt and then a possible trip to the other side of the island to pick up a few things...if not its to the park for a hike. Regardless,  it looks like its going to be another beautiful day. TGIF ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love this post - Thank you! That's exactly how I feel. I was reading a book by Tasco Reno (however you spell it) and she didn't start working out and eating right until in her 40's and it's all about her life now. I found it overwhelming; inspiring yes, but equally overwhelming. I enjoy working out, but the thought of having to be in the gym 5-6 times a week lifting weights when I'm in my late 40's and 50's seems so crazy to me. I want an active, healthy lifestyle, but the thought of having to do P90X in my 50's makes me laugh. I'm glad to see you put "things I can maintain the rest of my life." It made me smile. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete