Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Asian BBQ Chicken and Green Beans

Tonights dinner was a hit with the husband. I got the recipe off of Once Upon a Chef... where I seem to be getting a lot of dinner ideas from. You should click the link and check it out, she has great dinner/snack/salad ideas! Unfortunately I wasnt able to make the chicken on the grill so I just had to use our stove top. It still came out good and I was able to get those burnt little crispys, but Im sure grill version would be even yummier. I also didnt have any ginger! Do you ever get half way through making your recipe and realize that you dont have an ingredient? Ahhh, it drives me crazy! Green beans seem to be a vegetable staple here. If all else fails, green beans. Tonight I cooked them with a weird combo of spices... or it at least sounds weird when I list em, but it tasted really good! I used salt, pepper, lemon pepper and onion powder. I was going to put garlic but I forgot.....Ok now that I re-read the list, its not that weird! :)

As for the rest of my day my food journal went a little something like this....(well not a little, lol, this is exactly what I ate)

Breakfast: Go Girl, handful of almonds and 1/2 a breakfast sandwich which was made from ham, egg whites and cheddar. - 285 cal

Lunch: Sesame String beans....(here I go with the beans again) and a tiny little piece of turkey meatloaf 135 cal

Dinner: Asian BBQ chicken and Green Beans, that is my plate pictured above. 353 cal

Snack: 1 fun size crunch bar and a hand full of Gardettos. 125 cal

Total: 898 Calories

Gah, Im under but Im not eating anything else, its coming up on 8:00pm and I dont like to eat too late into the evening. I use My Fitness Pal to keep count of my calories. Its nice because they have a huge database and you can use your phone to scan the barcode of the box if you want a quick input....if your food even came in a box. Not to mention the program is free....who doesnt like free?! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment