Friday, October 14, 2011

National Park Adventure


This is my after. I ate a sausage...and a bite of egg, maybe some potato and tossed whats left in the picture. :) For lunch my sister and I went to this place called Bueno Burrito. Its reminds me of a knock off version of Chipotles. Of course, Chipotles kicks their ass, but it will have to do. I did a bowl instead of a burrito, it had cilantro rice, pinto beans, lettuce, shredded chicken, olives, sour cream and guacamole. It was incredibly filling, I think I ate maybe 1/2. :)


After lunch it was off to the National Park. I have been there quite a few times, and have done this exact trail. I dont know what I was thinking or where my mind was but I got lost. Mega lost. I went down into the crater, climbed up the switchbacks, then from there I made a wrong turn and turned up in some deserted place that looks like people havent been in a while. The road was all cracked with grass growing up through it...but at least there was a road, thats how I knew I was safe. It wasnt a regular road that had normal traffic, it looked almost like an emergency route. I have no idea. Im just glad I had my GPS running on my phone so I was able to find my way back. If not I might still be there! :) Besides getting lost the hike was beautiful! I took some shots with my camera phone, but I cannot stand camera phone quality, I mean just those two pictures above are pretty horrendous. You can check out my other blog at Feeding My Addictions to find pictures from the park. You can even check out my route from today by clicking here. It says I had a 659 ft gain during my hike! Whoop whoop! My legs are going to be feeling it tomorrow. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment