Sunday, October 2, 2011

Power Yoga and Turbofire HIIT 15

My rest day turned into a double workout kind of day. Its funny, when I know I dont "have" to workout I want to workout. ha! Everyday should be a rest day. Its like reverse psychology, tell me no I say yes, you say yes, I say no.

I did MTV's Power Yoga in the morning. I remember this being so tough, and now it was a breeze. I could really tell how much stronger I am and how much my endurance has improved. I used to love this video, I thought it kicked my butt, after today I'm not really sure I will want to do it again. It didnt push me like the beachbody programs I have.

This afternoon I wanted to do some more so I did the Turbofire HIIT 15 workout. Who knew you could work up such a sweat in 15 minutes. Phew! For anyone who hasnt done a HIIT routine before you do about 40-60 seconds of high intensity followed by about 30-40 seconds of low intensity then repeat. I believe I did 9 high intensity segments. It was great! Who cant push their hardest for 40-60 seconds? When you look at it that way its easier to tackle.

Tomorrow I believe I have P90X Chest and Back. I'm really thinking about doing the full Turbofire routine and doing a supplemental P90X on the side, so I will do all the strength routines every other day and Turbofire every day. hmmmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment